Five Best Summer Photos! You've got to get these shots!






I don't know if you're like me, but I LOVE summer! 
Even the heat and humidity. 
I will take it over cold and wind anyday!


Everyone wants to grab those photos of your kids in the summer.
Whether they are old or young, you will want to get these special photos of them!







Get your kiddos doing something active.
Jumping, running, playing in the water, splashing each other, etc.
Remember to keep your shutter speed up so you can keep them in focus. :)





You know your kids are going to bring you things...

Look what I found!
Do you know what this is?
I've always wanted something like this.

Entertain them...
Oh Yes!
That's awesome!
Wow!
(insert over exaggerated, excited voice)

Take their picture with it and send it back to from whence it came. :)





Capture them walking away from you at the beach. 
Whether they look back or are just on a mission to somewhere...get that photo.
Let them go a little ways and then call them. 
You will probably get a more genuine photo from them if you do this, especially with the littles. 





The Silhouette
Sunsets are the best at beaches.
Wait until the sun is lower in the sky, grab your camera, and get low.
You will be able to see in your camera where you have to aim to get that silhouette.
Try to get that sunshine on the water too. So pretty!





Writing in the sand.
One of my faves! 
You can get them writing with the water coming in, shells all around, or capture the words they write.
Get them from different angles.
Up high, down low, right at their level.
Focus on different things. 
Maybe it's just a letter, their hand, or the entire word. 
There are so many possibilities...
The world is your oyster...too much? :)



I know. I know.
I said FIVE.
But what would your vacation be without a photo of you?
Grab your partner, friend, colleague, stranger, whatever.

GET IN THE PHOTO
Did you hear me?
GET IN THE PHOTO

You will thank me later.
You're welcome!




If you have these photos and you want some more tips for your kiddos, head on over and grab my Five Tips to Get Kids to Smile.




1 comment

Anonymous said...

Love this picture!!!