What's Your Secret?




What makes a great marriage work?
What's your secret?
How do you do it?

I wanted to know all of these answers when I met this couple. 

When we first started, I asked this lovely couple, "How many years have you been married?"
"Over 60.", they replied.

"Wow! What's your secret?", I asked.

Wait for it...




"Don't go to bed without talking.", she said emphatically.
"You mean don't go to bed angry?"
"No, don't go to bed without talking every night."

Not, Don't go to bed angry.
Don't go to bed without talking.

It makes so much sense. You can go to bed without being angry and without talking, but I believe that it does take that extra step.



"What makes a family great?"

Be funny with your kids.
Don't be afraid to be yourself. 






Laugh...really hard.
Studies say that laughter effects parts of your brain that help with lower blood pressure, healthier relationships, and even certain laughs can trigger certain feelings. 
There's a lot of research out there. 



Love...that's it...LOVE>





Spend time with each other. 
Make time.
It's important.
Families who spend time together have less stress, build bonds, and have better relationships.



1 comment

Unknown said...

I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog chanzpsyconcept