A Comparison

 As you know, I am doing a 52 week photo challenge with my daughter. 
Beth at bethadilly.com supplies the prompt and we shoot the photo. I am so excited to be doing this with Janie. 
Head on over to wildflowerphotos on Instagram to check out her photos. She is so talented. She gets it from her grandfather...just ask him! :)

I wanted to share these two photos. They remind me that I have to take my time, relax, and look for beauty. These are from the same prompt:
4/52 Depth

The first one I like, but I don't LOVE it!
I set up some dice and shot this on my kitchen floor. 
Although I like the way it is focused on the middle and blurs to the sides, it doesn't speak to me. 
Bare with me... I know I'm getting deep. :)
I did this on the last day of the week. I looked around at what I had. These were sitting on the kitchen counter. I grabbed them and poured them out on the floor. 


The next day I got home from work a little earlier than usual. I looked out back and saw yet another beautiful sky. Boy are we lucky!

I took the dogs out and walked around the yard.
I turned to our not-not-so-beautiful garage and saw this.

I have to remind myself that although posed, purposeful, set ups can be absolutely gorgeous and wonderful...when you don't take the time to get the best shot possible...you're not going to get the best out of you.


I am always learning something. :)
Have a wonderful day!

No comments